Research to identify your ancestors

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Genealogy/Family History Project Ideas...#6

(Note...see the very beginning of this blog for important steps on how to get started on your genealogy).


.... A Project...If You Have Taken Lots of Fun Trips ....


We all take trips....some more than others, .......some more fun than others!

A very interesting legacy that you can leave for your posterity is to write about your trips. Make it something like a travelogue and put the story of each trip into a 3-ring binder or album. Also include photographs of your trip. Leaving something like this tells more about you and where you liked to go and the sites you enjoyed.

When I was 18 years old, I traveled from Chicago to Los Angeles with about six college girls. We took two cars. Most of our trip was along the old Route 66 Highway. We had such a fun time. I would write detailed letters back home telling about each days journey....what area we covered and what we saw. Boy, would I give anything if I had those letters today!!! But, they were not kept...they do not exist any more. Those letters were part of my life and I shared something of myself through them. Maybe this is a good reminder to save all letters. Someday they will help tell a story of someone.


That is what leaving a legacy of our self for our posterity is all about....leaving bits and pieces of our life, our self, for others to know us by.